Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chapel Prayers





This week in chapel (5th-12 grade), we had a prayer service.  We sung and spoke a little bit about what prayer means, then we invited the kids to come to the front and write prayers on colored pieces of paper and pin them to two big boards.  
“Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together.  I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.”  Psalm 34:3-4
Here are some of their prayers:


Praises:
Thank you for walking with us this morning and thank you for helping me pass the sixth grade.
Thank you for giving me friends.
My auntie and cousins just turned Christians.
For becoming me.
He is a faithful God. He never lied to me, neither has He disappointed me.  
I thank God I am healthy.
Thank you for my mother.  She’s always there for me and loves to serve you.  I want to live to be like her one day.
Freedom!
Requests:
S.A.T.’s (lots of these)
I want to be a better person in Christ, and to share the word of Christ.  I no longer want to feel scared of the devil.
Struggling with family; want to get closer to parents. 
Please help my English.  I want teaching take time. 
[written in Korean]
[written in French]
I pray for my daddy, that he’ll find and seek you, and teach my baby sister about you.
Please help me stop fighting with my mother.  I love her.
That God speaks to the people I have hurt.  Forgive me.
Lord, I always liked the idea of controlling my future now that is happening.  I am finding it hard to control.
Need to get taller… 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing about this special service! What precious praises and requests. I like the one about getting taller--hee hee! :)

    ReplyDelete