Friday, October 21, 2011

A Time to Celebrate



(By Daesha) I’m usually not keen for my own birthday, and this year was no exception.  My reluctance to celebrate has a little to do with getting older and a lot to do with a distaste for being the center of undivided attention.  However, this year God taught me that birthdays can be an important time to allow a deflated spirit to be filled back up.  The occasion left me feeling happy, loved, and refreshed.  My birthday gifts:
  • the sign and friendly face of its creator in the above picture
  • chocolate and cookies from students
  • an explosion of Facebook greetings from those I love and miss
  • kitchen supplies, a woven basket, and a beautiful necklace from my in-laws
  • brownies and ice cream
  • a date with my husband to “The Living Room” where we ate our meal of traditional meat and rice in a private room while watching a movie projected on the wall
  • a night out for SUSHI :-) with some of the other teachers (tonight, actually)
  • the arrival of my first package from the States (not an intentional birthday present because it was sent many moons ago, but I’m counting it as one)

2 comments:

  1. What fun! May God continue to make you feel held even in the midst of this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are referring to the pkg I sent you guys, because I was starting to worry it was never going to get there, but what perfect timing! I love you and am glad the day turned out better than you expected :)

    ReplyDelete